Before you spend another penny on Facebook advertising, you must have an action plan, to see consistent results. This involves identifying where in your sales funnel you can take advantage of Facebook ads.
Answer these four questions to help define your strategy:
- What is your goal for advertising on Facebook? For example, do you want to generate new leads for your business, sales for your e-commerce store, or subscribers to your blog?
- Do you have existing or consistent website traffic?
- Do you have a newsletter? If so, is it active and how many people are on your list?
- Can you create unique content about your business / industry?
Let's now take a look at three Facebook advertising strategies you can use based on your answers to these questions.
- Provide free content to increase your audience.
- Content marketing is one of the most effective ways to differentiate your business and warm cold audiences.
- Provide valuable free content that entertains, educates, or inspires your ideal customer.
- You can use videos, main magnets (guides, checklists, coupons, etc.) or blog posts, for example.
- Deliver free valuable content to your target audience.
- Get people involved in your email list.
- Delivering your message through your Facebook ads and email marketing is twice as effective. Customers will see your message in their inbox and when they browse Facebook.